Do you want to be inspired by creative geniuses? Or, listen to the captivating stories of sorrows and success? Then, you are in luck as TEDxBaileyRoad is all set to roll out the carpet for different speakers on March 24, 2018.If you haven’t registered already, then there is nothing to worry about as on-spot registration will be available on the day of the event. TEDxBaileyRoad is only the second standard licensed TEDx event in Bangladesh, and the first on ever to be based on TEDx to happen.
TED itself is a non-profit organization that operates worldwide and is dedicated towards celebrating the connecting aspects of disciplines from our lives that cross through and often get knotted in a creative way through powerful talks delivered by speakers who embody talent and genius.
TEDxBaileyRoad is a platform for different people to share their ideas, life experiences and to put it simply, their perspectives, in a wide plethora of topics, ranging from science, business, culture and many more. Millions of Bangladeshis possess immeasurable potential, but unfortunately, the stories of these extraordinary individuals don’t see the light of the day. That is why, TEDxBaileyRoad has made it its mission to discover these creative souls and ensure that the latter’s voices echo throughout the world. This event is about celebrating creativity and encouraging everyone to be creative, as anyone can internalize it regardless of his or her background or financial capability.
The speakers scheduled to appear at the event have each created a niche position in their respective fields. Each individual offers a unique aspect on life. Every member of the audience will find something to relate to. Whether it’s art, culture, science or just a heartwarming success story, there will be something for every single person to resonate with. The line-up includes people from fields such as business, music, education and many others. Their creativity is second only to their electrifying energy:
- Mustafizur R Khan is serial entrepreneur, investor, and filmmaker with SD Asia whose ventures include a co-sharing workspace and StartUp Dhaka (a local business site)
- Rana Ghose is a curator, economist, writer, and filmmaker, and also leads a group of 12 musicians who perform in the context of electronic music production. He is also the founder of TEDxBaileyRoad.
- Zubair Ahmed is a serial entrepreneur, investor, AI advocate at Hishab.co. Zubair splits his time between Tokyo and Singapore has an enviable CV that boasts astounding credentials and makes him stand out of the crowd.
- Jannati Hossain (entrepreneur/ Urbiruhu, traveler): Jannati is part of the Arts and Humanities company that is Urbiruhu; it’s an eco-friendly venture that strives to bring out the creativity and hard work of individuals, as well as helping the marginalized communities.
- Salimullah Khan is a professor, historian, cultural studies, researcher at University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh who has written widely on politics, history, and culture, and has an extensive knowledge on a series of critical issues such as communalism, Westernization and colonialism.
- Samir Obaid (music composer, sound designer / Adhkhana Muzik): Samir proudly describes himself as a spiritual individual, who believes in living a physically active life. He is profoundly knowledgeable in advertising, including in television and radio.
- Radhika Tabrez is an Indian author, currently residing in Bangladesh. She describes herself as being a mother to a spirited five-year-old, writing coach, motivational speaker and a freelance training strategist.
- Raeeda Ahmed (social commentator, voice artist): A humanitarian and activist, Raeeda is still a student and continues to voice her opinions. Her views on marriage equality are especially critical.
- A developmental specialist, Adnan is driven by a desire to help people. He has been a pioneer in education by managing to provide 655 students with free primary education through his initiative, It’s Humanity Foundation (IHF).
- A musical genius, Shoummo Saha is an exemplary individual who excels in various forms of music. He is thriving in the underground electronic music scene.
- Armeen Musa is a singer and a songwriter, Armeen’s soulful music is the result of an incomparable genius. Her most famous hit is the rendition of Radha Raman’s “Bhromor Koio Giya’ with producer Fuad Almuqtadir, which amassed over 4 million views on YoutTube.
- Rumi Khan is an individual with many feathers on his cap. Not only is he a founding member of a leading Australian financial technological accelerator but is also involved in various types of sports.
- An epitome of grace and talent, the founder of Shadhona, Lubna Marium is a dancer, art director, researcher and cultural activist. A former banker, she delves into philosophy and Sufism to fuel her spirituality.
- Navina Aziz Kabir’s parents are deaf and growing up, she witnessed the difficulties faced by people who are hearing-impaired, which inspired her to become a Sign Language Interpreter.
TEDxBaileyRoad is pulling out all stops to prepare a stellar event on March 24, 2018 at 3D Hall, Krishibid Institution Bangladesh, and tickets are available for public online. If you love to be inspired, nurture your creativity or simply like a good story, then TEDxBaileyRoad is where you should be.