Beef Tenderloin Steak
• Four pieces of 200g beef tenderloin –
• 30ml clarified butter
• 25ml extra virgin olive oil
• 10g sugar
• 220g blanched asparagus
• 20g of butter cubes
• 150g crispy-fried gaufrette potatoes
(you can use a mandolin to
make these latticed chips)
• 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 200ml natural beef jus
• Season the tenderloin with salt and pepper.
• Sear on the char-grill (you can use a barbecue) and brush with clarified butter.
• Finish grilling in the oven with pre-set temperatures based on desired softness. Set aside.
• On a plate, season the beef tomatoes with salt, pepper and a generous amount of extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with sugar and grill on both sides. Set aside and keep warm.
• In a pan, sauté the blanched asparagus in 14g of butter then season with salt and pepper.
• Heat the natural beef jus, seasoning it with salt and six grams of butter cubes. Pour on the serving plate.
• Arrange the char-grilled tenderloin on the warmed plate with the gaufrette potato chips, grilled beef tomatoes and sautéed asparagus spears as pictured above.
• Garnish with rosemary sprigs and serve immediately.
Rosemary Garlic Lamb Chops with Potatoes
• 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 5 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• salt and pepper
• 2 lamb loin chops, or shoulder lamb chops
• 3 new potatoes
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
• Whisk together vinegar, oil, rosemary, garlic, mustard and a pinch each of salt and pepper in shallow dish. Add lamb chops and turn to coat. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
• Cook potatoes in small pot of boiling salted water for about 8 minutes or until tender. Drain and cut in half.
• Melt butter in saucepan and add potatoes, parsley and pinch of salt and pepper and toss to coat. Cover and keep warm.
• Heat nonstick skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat. Remove lamb chops from marinade and sear, turning once for about 10 minutes or until medium-rare.
• Serve chops with potatoes.
Shish Tawook – Skewered Chicken
• 4 chicken breasts
• 3 tablespoons of olive oil
• 1 red pepper; cubed
• 3/4 medium-sized onion; cubed
• 1 teaspoon of rosemary
• 1.5 teaspoon of thyme
• 1/2 teaspoon of dried parsley
• 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
• 1.5 teaspoon of salt
• 1 Cup Yoghurt
• 1.5 tablespoon of lemon juice
• Mini wooden skewers
• Put your thyme, rosemary, parsley, salt and pepper in a bowl and combine.
• Add the oil and lemon juice to your mixture and whisk lightly with a fork.
• Pour it all over your chicken, which should be cubed into small cubes.
• Toss the chicken in the marinade until it’s all coated.
• Get your skewers and start threading, alternating the pepper, onion and chicken.
• Pour some olive oil into a large pan.
• Place it over medium heat.
• Cook on each side for 5-7 minutes.
• Take it off the stove and eat.